Not blowing any cold or hot air on any fan setting
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Not blowing any cold or hot air on any fan setting within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got a 2004 WRX. It's slowly stopped blowing air over the past week. If I try to turn the ...

Not blowing any cold or hot air on any fan setting

I've got a 2004 WRX. It's slowly stopped blowing air over the past week. If I try to turn the A/C on, it will come on for maybe 30 seconds, and then the light will extinguish. I don't hear a clicking sound when I turn the fan from 0 to 1, so I thought that might be a relay issue. I tried switching the two round, white relays (at least, I read they were relays; the wiring diagrams in the FSM didn't seem very helpful to me) to the left of the cabin fuse box, and it still did nothing. Is this mode of failure indicative of a certain component failing, or does anybody have any idea of what else to try short of just getting a new blower?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It could be a blower motor issue. Sometimes when they go bad they will work for a short period and then quit all together. I have seen it be a relay issue on some other vehicle but they will usually work on high so you can stil have ac or heat until you get it replaced.

Blower motor, most likely. If it has an electronic resistor (not sure off-hand), then that's a possibility as well...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to check resistance on an electronic resistor, but you could remove the motor itself and hook it up to a 12-volt source to see if it spins. That would give you an idea on whether the motor itself is failing, or some other component (or even wiring) is at fault.
    I choose to live and to
    Lie, kill and give and to
    Die, learn and love and to
    Do what it takes to step through.

~~Tool, "Forty-Six & 2"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.