Subaru WRX Forum banner

Light weight crank pulley misfire?

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  george023 
#1 ·
Hey I recently installed a grimmspeed lightweight crank pulley and my wrx now seems to have a slight misfire at idle and around 3,000 rpm but seems to run smoother on hard pulls not sure if this is a common problem or not
Plz give advice?

#3 ·
A lot of lightweight crank pulleys are known to cause issues like that to occur.

What year/model/mods?

#6 ·
Yup it's 2002 bugeye **** me well at least I now know the issue looks like ill be taking it off

If anyone wants the pulley email me nelsonn0042@hotmail.comand ill give it to you
There is a misunderstanding here. The pulley does not actually cause real misfires. It just causes a misinterpretation by the ECU. The car should run no different performance wise. If it is then it is something else.

#7 ·
exactly^
all the lightweight pulley is doing is allowing your crank to rotate easier due to it being lighter of course. if the weight difference is too much, it will just throw a code because it thinks its misfiring when in reality its not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.