2011 STI Stage 1 93 octane +SF intake negative boost PLEASE HELP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STI Stage 1 93 octane +SF intake negative boost PLEASE HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought my STI. When I bought it it already had the Cobb intake on it but was still ...

2011 STI Stage 1 93 octane +SF intake negative boost PLEASE HELP

I recently bought my STI. When I bought it it already had the Cobb intake on it but was still running the stock map. After some research i found out how bad that was and purchased my AP. I then flashed stage 1. What has me confused and worried is when I looked at my datalog all the values for boost(psi) are negative. They start at -7.65 and go all the way down to -14.89 then go back up to -4.56 at redline. What does this mean and what can I do to fix it. Any insight would be appreciated I'm new to the tuning scene.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you do a datalog with the AP?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yes. I did a 4th gear pull from 2700 to 6200 rpm.

I Support ClubWRX
    I mean if you did a datalog, post it & someone can take a look at it. Download the log to your computer & publish it to goggle docs & post the link.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Here is the link but i don't know if I did it right.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bypf...it?usp=sharing

I Support ClubWRX
    You need to make it public so that the link will work for others.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    That's normal.. you never pressed the throttle hard enough to produce any boost. Like I keep telling people, boost is load and throttle position dependent, not rpm dependent.

Thats what I don"t understand. I had the pedal to floor the whole time. Guess I will do a few more logs. Also if I had an aftermarket downpipe and ran stage 1 still could it damage my engine?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Animegod View Post
    Thats what I don"t understand. I had the pedal to floor the whole time. Guess I will do a few more logs. Also if I had an aftermarket downpipe and ran stage 1 still could it damage my engine?
    Yes. With an aftermarket downpipe you want a stage 2 tune. If it is catless then you want a pro tune.

At the risk of sounding stupid, I haven't had a chance to get under the car since I got it but from what I can see the downpipe looks like 4" piping but I can't see a brand name. So should I run stage 2 until I get under it or stick with stage 1.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello; I am no expert or even much of a novice when it comes to reading datalogs, but isn't the datalog posted going from 6100 rpm down to 2300 rpm meaning little/no throttle applied? So it wouldn't show any boost, would it?
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

At the risk of sounding stupid, I haven't had a chance to get under the car since I got it but from what I can see the downpipe looks like 4" piping but I can't see a brand name. So should I run stage 2 until I get under it or stick with stage 1.
    You should get under it immediately and figure out what you have, then have it tuned accordingly.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Take pictures, post pics.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Also are you sure this is the right log? Your throttle position doesn't show 100% or anywhere near it. So I either think its the wrong log or you are using a valet map or something.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast