2011 STI Stage 1 93 octane +SF intake negative boost PLEASE HELP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 STI Stage 1 93 octane +SF intake negative boost PLEASE HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Animegod Thats what I don"t understand. I had the pedal to floor the whole time. Guess I ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Animegod View Post
    Thats what I don"t understand. I had the pedal to floor the whole time. Guess I will do a few more logs. Also if I had an aftermarket downpipe and ran stage 1 still could it damage my engine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stawgn10 View Post
    Hello; I am no expert or even much of a novice when it comes to reading datalogs, but isn't the datalog posted going from 6100 rpm down to 2300 rpm meaning little/no throttle applied? So it wouldn't show any boost, would it?

^this.. your throttle opening angle is like 10% and you're slowing down in that log, not accelerating. Me thinks you hit the button to log after your pull, not before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe that is what happened because i had my wife hit the button and she hit it about 4 times. So i just got back from the shop and my STI has a nameless performance downpipe, aftermarket electronic boost control, an axle-back exhaust system,SF Cobb intake and box, and an aftermarket loud-as-hell horn. This is all we could find without taking anything apart. I am now running stage 2.

I Support ClubWRX
    You have a loud aftermarket horn? I wonder which one

So safely do another datalog & post the results.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

OP, you need to get protuned. YOU CAN NOT use an aftermarket EBCS with a stage 2 map. You are going to have a bad time if you continue driving like that.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

New Stage 2 Datalog
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bypf...it?usp=sharing
    maus, is Stage 2 really unsafe with an aftermarket EBCS?

Surprisingly, your logs don't look bad, because a custom tune IS required to run aftermarket EBCS. Which EBCS is it?

I'm now wondering if there was a custom tune on it already and got rid of it when I got my accessport and flashed stage 1 because I was worried it was staock. My AP saved all that map data correct? Would it be worth checking or just bite the bullet and go get it protuned?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Surprisingly, your logs don't look bad, because a custom tune IS required to run aftermarket EBCS. Which EBCS is it?
    Unfortunately I cant find a brand on it.

Unfortunately I cant find a brand on it.

Pics?

Your original map will be saved on the AP. Are you sure you have an aftermarket EBCS? I doubt you would be hitting your boost targets on the Cobb map. .unless it functions basically identical to stock.

Pics would really help out at this point. Snap some of the parts in question.

It is very possible that it already had a tune on it. As Mainframe says, the Cobb AP will have saved whatever original map was on the car. So if you flash it back to "stock," run some logs with that and we'll compare. We'll be able to tell if it looks normal per those mods.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Getting it protuned on Thursday.

Getting it protuned on Thursday.
    Good idea, I'm not a fan of the AP maps.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    You have a loud aftermarket horn? I wonder which one

So safely do another datalog & post the results.
    The horn is a Hella Supertone Dual Tone horn kit.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Pics?

Your original map will be saved on the AP. Are you sure you have an aftermarket EBCS? I doubt you would be hitting your boost targets on the Cobb map. .unless it functions basically identical to stock.
    It appears the brand is MAC. That's all it says on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12