06 wrx runs but has no power can anyone help?

This is a discussion on 06 wrx runs but has no power can anyone help? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 06 wrx tr from my local subaru dealer and the first day I had it a ...

06 wrx runs but has no power can anyone help?

I just bought a 06 wrx tr from my local subaru dealer and the first day I had it a faint oil light came on, I checked the oil and the oil filter and oil pan nothing was loose and the oil was fine. Drove it home from work and a check engine light came on took it back to the dealer and they replaced the ecu and a secondary air induction valve, picked the car up yesterday, haveing just bought the car I decided to go to a friends about a hr away everything was fine in the way there but on the way home the faint oil light came on so I checked it again and nothing was wrong so I continued on my way and comeing up to a stop light it shut off and the check engine light came back on the car fired back up and drive but shut off when I stopped so I let it sit for a min and when I started it up it ran but had no power. The Rps would not get above a grand If that . Let it sit some more while I found a tow truck company,
    Started it again it ran fine other than the check engine light and oil light but soon shut off so now it's at the dealer and the have told me that they Are confused and have to call subaru of America. Can anybody give me some input on this I am not a mechanic by any means so I have no clue what's wrong. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It sounds like there could b and issue with the oil pump and the car is going into limp mode . The ecu will not allow the car to go over a certain speed or rpm to protct the engine itself. Its just a thought

I Support ClubWRX
    Whatever it is, I would return the car and demand my money back.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^Oil light is a bad bad deal (unless you get a new/rebuilt motor for free that is).
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb