wot redline 2-3 upshift flutter

This is a discussion on wot redline 2-3 upshift flutter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, lately on a wot redline 2-3 upshift there is a fluttering noise. It happens when I lift off which ...

wot redline 2-3 upshift flutter

Hello, lately on a wot redline 2-3 upshift there is a fluttering noise. It happens when I lift off which leads me to believe this is surge. I know what wastegate flutter is and sounds like because I have that between 3-4k rpms which is normal. This is new and different and just want to know if this is surge and how to fix it. Thanks
    2011 wrx
    Catted tbe
    Pw tmic
    3 port ebcs
    Aem intake
    Protuned at 20.5 psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check hoses to the turbo and T/B, Bypass valve for leaks and all vacuum lines are secure.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

All hoses good, no leaks, only does it at the 2-3 shift, not on any other shift. So I have no idea.

Then your next bet is to take a datalog and have your tuner take a look.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix