2006 WRX Loud Exhuast Leak on Driver's Side of Motor with Video

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX Loud Exhuast Leak on Driver's Side of Motor with Video within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2006 WRX is bone stock minus a Cobb downpipe and exhaust with an AP stage 2 tune. The exhaust ...

2006 WRX Loud Exhuast Leak on Driver's Side of Motor with Video

My 2006 WRX is bone stock minus a Cobb downpipe and exhaust with an AP stage 2 tune. The exhaust and tune have been on for about 10k miles. Motor has about 158k. On my drive home (20 miles) what started as sounding like a small exhaust leak developed into sounding like a lawn mower by the time I got home. The video is showing the driver's side of the motor from a few different views. Any ideas what's leaking? I just moved to CO and all my tools are back in OK so I'm trying to figure out what's wrong without pulling much apart. I'm getting cylinder misfire codes and well as PFFFFand PFFFE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I figured out the problem. My rear spark plug fell out... I've had this car for 35k miles and have never touched the spark plugs so this definitely has me scratching my head. The threads in the head aren't messed up but my coil pack is in pieces. I'm confused but at least it's not a major issue. Guess I'll be putting new plugs in it today.

Weird!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"