Loss of boost???

This is a discussion on Loss of boost??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone I am new here I just need help ASAP. So I installed a Cobb SF intake I also ...

Question Loss of boost???

Hey everyone I am new here I just need help ASAP. So I installed a Cobb SF intake I also have a spt exhaust and a Perrin BOV my problem is i was running around 15-17 PSI and all of a sudden I have what i believe is turbo lag and now i am only running around 7-9 PSI WOT so if anyone can please help me figure this out im not sure if my boost gauge is off or not but im also in the high 6 to low 7 sec 0-60 now. The people i take it to here are useless and the guy that installed my parts is also useless so if you have any idea of whats going on even if your not sure but think you know please let me know thanks.

-Boosted Smurf.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you check for a boost leak?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

^ + are you tuned for the aftermarket parts? Any lights on your dash?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Verify your BCS is still working properly. If you put the car into "test mode" (like you were flashing the car), you should hear it clicking.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I bet the new BOV is leaking, your search for the cool PSSSSTTTT is the problem. Take it off and try with the stock to see what happens.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454