Possible wastegate issue? I'm lost. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Possible wastegate issue? I'm lost. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; MAP sensor is on the intake manifold, by the throttle body....

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    MAP sensor is on the intake manifold, by the throttle body.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Havespoon View Post
    Would the stumbling boost cut be caused by a sticky boost solenoid?
    A stock WRX's boost cut is about 18psi sea level. The P0244 DTC is triggered at about 17 sea level. Obviously the solenoid's job is to control boost yes? So if it was malfunctioning and allowing manifold pressure to go over the amount stated above then yes you will get a fuel cut. Pretty suprised you don't have the P0244 DTC triggered.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

In case anyone runs into this thread and wonders what the outcome to my situation was, here's the answer:

The cat in the uppipe had broken loose from the pipe, but stayed whole. When it bounced around randomly in the pipe it would randomly plug the exhaust, causing loss of power and odd boost numbers. Replaced with cheesy but very shiny Megan catless, and it runs great. I hope this info can help someone.
    Absorbant and yellow and porous is he!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Oh dang.. I never would have thought of that. I kinda assume everyone with a 2L WRX has already replaced the uppipe long ago as a preventive maintenance kind of thing.

Yep. Wish I would have replaced it earlier. At least it didn't go through the turbo.
    Absorbant and yellow and porous is he!

Quote Originally Posted by Havespoon View Post
    Yep. Wish I would have replaced it earlier. At least it didn't go through the turbo.
    True story.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12