02 wrx new o2 sensor still throwing CEL HELP.!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

This is a discussion on 02 wrx new o2 sensor still throwing CEL HELP.!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; trying to show you where its exactly located sorry cant really see this is where it starts i have no ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23




    trying to show you where its exactly located sorry cant really see


    this is where it starts i have no idea what that is

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    The P0037 is for the rear oxygen sensor heater circuit. Either the sensor is toast or not even there. The P0171 is a separate issue. Like Spiros said,start by cleaning the maf. My guess is going to be the BOV (as that style is notorious for leaking at idle) or the intake throwing off the MAF sensor scaling. I would assume the FMIC was probably a cheap "Ebay" kit (Godspeed/XS Turbo) that came with the intake and BOV. Could very well be leaking couplings. I would take the car to the nearest Subaru tuning shop and see if they can determine if the car has been tuned for the mods. I can see from the pics that it does not have the original turbo.
    yea thats what it looks like i lifted the car and it has some **** exhaust piping it has no cat and no bung for the second O2 sensor went to the auto parts store and they told me a universal cat for the exhaust would be 80.00 with a bung for the o2 sensor im also trying to get my hands on a stock top mount intercooler and the original air intake box and all that im not trying to be cheap on this car im not that type of guy if its going to get done i want it to get done right thanks for the input

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordRanger View Post
    Has anyone else noticed it has a red Sti intake manifold. Is the engine swapped? That may help someone be able to diagnose it a little better.
    would it be a bad thing if it were an engine from a 05 sti.?

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    I JUST WANNA TANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME OUT ITS REALLY GOTTEN BETTER IN THE PAST FEW DAYS im going to buy a new fuel filter and re tighten all the bolts on the exhaust so its not leaking keep me posted im going to be doing that now..

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    thought i might as well throw this in there its a ghetto ass pipe put inplace of where the cat should go the rest of the piping looks stock but idk they woulda put this there :/ poor baby

  7. #36
    Moderator Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Da boonies
    Posts
    6,150
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricuawrxsti View Post
    would it be a bad thing if it were an engine from a 05 sti.?
    I highly doubt it's the full swap. Probably just the shortblock.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S




  8. #37
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,158
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricuawrxsti View Post
    this is where it starts i have no idea what that is
    That's the drain pipe for the TGV. It's not supposed to hook up anywhere. Ask Donkey how I know!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    That's the drain pipe for the TGV. It's not supposed to hook up anywhere. Ask Donkey how I know!
    Alright cool I was a little worried there but cool thanks for the help now I have another question how do I know what kind of motor I have and what kind of ecu is running in it would that matter.? What I'm going to do is get a cat and install it where that ugly pipe iass on the exhaust and get the rear o2 sensor and install both of them to clear the P0037 code and the last code I would have to work on would be the P0171

  10. #39
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,158
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricuawrxsti View Post
    Alright cool I was a little worried there but cool thanks for the help now I have another question how do I know what kind of motor I have and what kind of ecu is running in it would that matter.? What I'm going to do is get a cat and install it where that ugly pipe iass on the exhaust and get the rear o2 sensor and install both of them to clear the P0037 code and the last code I would have to work on would be the P0171
    What makes you think the motor isn't stock?

    Well, it's drive-by-cable, so it isn't a full ECU/Motor swap. If it has an OBDII that can be read by USDM scanners, that means it's a standard 16bit ECU on the EJ205. If you had a bottom/top end swap from a 2.5L, the heads should have plugs for the AVCS oil lines. If the motor is a hybrid (2.5L block, 2.0L heads), you'd really only be able to tell by checking the block ID (or just putting your foot down on the accelerator )
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  11. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    What makes you think the motor isn't stock?

    Well, it's drive-by-cable, so it isn't a full ECU/Motor swap. If it has an OBDII that can be read by USDM scanners, that means it's a standard 16bit ECU on the EJ205. If you had a bottom/top end swap from a 2.5L, the heads should have plugs for the AVCS oil lines. If the motor is a hybrid (2.5L block, 2.0L heads), you'd really only be able to tell by checking the block ID (or just putting your foot down on the accelerator )
    True well what makes me think that is the papers it came with when I purchased the car it says 05 sti swap 02 bugeye... Now yea I can tell by putting my foot down but the thing is it runs like crap or did before all this now the next issue I have is why is it not burning the fuel right it produces smoke at idle no smoke under WOT just at idle no smells like raw fuel ony codes are p0171 and p0037

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •