WONT TURN OVER TO START

This is a discussion on WONT TURN OVER TO START within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi my name is kyowa and I have a 2004 WRX and I went to go cash my check and ...

WONT TURN OVER TO START

Hi my name is kyowa and I have a 2004 WRX and I went to go cash my check and my car wouldn't start. Then it started making a beeping sound, so i tried to get a jump start but that didnt work either, the car still wasn't turning over. So i finally had to pop the clutch to get it started. Does anybody know if this is a common problem? If you have idea of what it could be please let me know so it can save me some time and money. thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Probably don't need multiple threads for the same thing. That said, check your clutch position sensor (it's up there in the footwell on a metal bracket in front of the clutch pedal bar). Mine likes to stick on occasion, mainly when it's cold out, then the car won't start. I generally push the clutch in (obviously while not running) and let it pop back out with all it's force, and it unsticks that little bastard.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......