need help oil drain line leaking from turbo!!!!!!

This is a discussion on need help oil drain line leaking from turbo!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i have a 02 wrx and the rubber line that sits right under the turbo that goes to the ...

need help oil drain line leaking from turbo!!!!!!

so i have a 02 wrx and the rubber line that sits right under the turbo that goes to the block is leaking. last week i cleaned all the oil off and tightened the bottom worm gear since oil was leaking very badly from there and now its back but this time its at the top by the turbo and i wanted to know what would be the easiest way to get to it. its so damn tight in there and the bracket from the turbo to the block is in my way, should i tackle it from the top or the bottom? should i drain the oil so it doesnt leak every where? i was doing so reading and alot of people were saying to remove the up pipe for better access but i dont know if that will give me enough room to tighten the top gear worm. i know a lot of people just buy a hard line and install it just to never have to deal with it again but i need money first so for now i just to fix the problem untill i can get some extra cash. others were sayin to remove the tmic for access but i dont know i just want the least amount of work possible so theres less room for error. if anyone has a write up with some pix i will love you long time it just seems like its going to be a big pain in my ass what do you guys think anyone else have this same problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The best way I can think to do this is to pull your turbo and make sure the oil drain line is secure before reinstalling. It's not as hard as you expect, just be aware of the oil feed line (hard line).

There are some pics in my build thread:
    Zax Bugeye "Shaggin' wagon" Build thread
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/