Need help please cooling issues!!! After timing belt changed

This is a discussion on Need help please cooling issues!!! After timing belt changed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello I am new to this website I am have a problem with my 03 wrx overheating after I changed ...

Red face Need help please cooling issues!!! After timing belt changed

Hello I am new to this website I am have a problem with my 03 wrx overheating after I changed the timing belt idlers and water pump. I have burped the system three times and after driving the car for about 5 miles it is overheating. I just got done doin it for the third time it got hot so I felt the bottom radiator hose and it was cold?!?!? When burping system I let the thermostat open and burp it till I didn't see anymore air. Please can someone please give me some advise please I am stuck and frustrated. Is there more air in the system or what do you think? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you let the thermostat open that means you could in fact see circulation. Therefore you know the thermostat and pump work and although you cannot exclude an obstruction entirely my suspicions would go back to voids and air pockets UNLESS there is juice coming out the car.

No juice, good circulation implies more burping. Just IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.