Secondary Air Injection System Valve Pump Issue P0410 P1410 P2431 P2433 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Secondary Air Injection System Valve Pump Issue P0410 P1410 P2431 P2433 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yikes. Terrible. I'd still urge the OP and all others affected to contact SOA and express their displeasure. I feel ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes. Terrible. I'd still urge the OP and all others affected to contact SOA and express their displeasure. I feel the owners have been wronged, and if the emissions are affected, everyone has been wronged -- this from a company that advertises about love and outdoorsmen and puppies.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just don't show them this thread
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Thanks boys for the play-by-play. Appreciate the help. I feel enlightened, educated and enraged all at the same time!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil555 View Post
    Thanks boys for the play-by-play. Appreciate the help. I feel enlightened, educated and enraged all at the same time!!

Do you mind if I edit the title so the thread is more "searchable" for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Do you mind if I edit the title so the thread is more "searchable" for the future?
    One last quick question. Earlier in the post you mentioned that there was an "unsafe" condition re: code P1410. How would exhaust fumes get in the car?
    If I continue to drive without repairing (since I can't spare the time or the $ right now), is there anything else to be concerned about?

Oh yeah, and agree with the edit on the title for "searching" purposes. Go for it.

I Support ClubWRX
    With the valve(s) stuck open exhaust can get out into the hood area. They are supposed to let air into the exhaust when the pump is running - when they are stuck open there is nothing to keep exhaust from coming back out. At first it would just go back up the rubber hose to the airpump, but I've seen pictures where the rubber hoses have melted from the exhaust heat from the valves being open - at that point there is basically a sizable opening from your exhaust into the hood area. From there it can get in the cabin more or less easily. It could also mess up how your car runs if it skews the MAF reading.

Sorry, but you need to handle this short term or park it. CO poisoning is serious and permanent damage can occur potentially.

I Support ClubWRX
    Some notes -

Some '06 WRX have the baro sensor in the driver's side valve and some do not. After '06 they do, and you have to keep it (keep the valve plugged in or remover the sensor from the valve and keep that plugged in. Otherwise your boost will be totally screwed, not a little, totally (it defaults to 23psi atmospheric or something crazy). I forget if STi uses it. If there are five wires going to it, it has it.

STi IIRC was the exemption, and it doesn't have the stupid passenger side valve that is so hard to deal with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12