identify part please

This is a discussion on identify part please within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is my first Subaru. Its an 06 WRX with SPT intake, Invidia down pipe, SPT exhaust. Anyway I have ...

identify part please

This is my first Subaru. Its an 06 WRX with SPT intake, Invidia down pipe, SPT exhaust.

Anyway I have some sort of air leak. When I accelerate its loud sounding like intake sound kinda but much louder and constant till I let off gas.

I checked out my mounts. There is a hose coming off the turbo going left and under to the intercooler. The side closest to the turbo has a clamp hokding it on. The other side right before the intercooler and before it goes under the intrrcooler it is electrical taped and I think its leaking air here.

I circled the piece in red.

Thanks for help and let me know whst I need to replace

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...ps8d9cc4bf.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Correct. But I'd suggest a new silicone y tube instead of the OEM one(OEM is a pain in the ass to reinstall).

Electrical tape is NOT the recommended way to seal the intake on a car.....

Definitely get a silicone Y pipe and a new hose clamp to replace the electrical tape.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading