2013 lifter tick already?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 lifter tick already? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so my 2200 mile old 2013 wrx has what sounds to me like lifter tick. i left my house with ...

2013 lifter tick already?

so my 2200 mile old 2013 wrx has what sounds to me like lifter tick. i left my house with 1100 miles on it, didnt notice any ticking, drove out of state and have been driving around here when i noticed it. ticking sound is coming from the drivers side of the engine. normal injector tick on the pass side. then i walk around to the drivers side and hear this nice extra ticking sound. car now has ~2200 miles on it

ive read various forum posts and listened to a lot of videos and from what ive read. some ppl say its normal boxer subaru sounds and others say its possibly a lifter or something else.

now i would have just brought it to the dealer and let them deal with it but i am tdy in the middle of nowhere texas and the closest subaru dealer is 4 hours away. so my only option is to ask you guys lol.

what do you guys think it could be? am i just being overly anal or does something sound like its wrong?

EDIT:[car is 100% stock and not driven hard]

Last edited by EndlessSea; 03-08-2013 at 05:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

also here is a video of what im dealing with. its not my car but sounds exactly the same and is a little more clear and less wind noise than my video.

KHP
    Check if your oil filler cap is loose. I remember someone complaining about valvetrain noise here a while ago. He found that his oil filler cap is loose and leaking noise. Especially you mention that it's coming from the driver side of the engine.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I think you being paranoid it sound just like how it should be but make sure that you buy highest octane gas is possible otherwise it will make knocking sound.

Sounds like a normal noisy boxer engine to me....

Yeah I've found these motors are just noisy from the factory.

Ok guys thanks. I was concerned because its louder on one side so I thought something was off. And it didn't make this noise when new. I guess that's what warranties are for though. Sucks cause now I'm afraid to mod it. I dont want any warranty issues if something is wrong

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.