First oil change?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First oil change? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have read I am suppose to get my first oil change at the end of my break-in period ...

Question First oil change?

So I have read I am suppose to get my first oil change at the end of my break-in period (1000 miles), but I called the dealership and they said 5000 miles. I get my oil changes free for 3 years from the dealership but idk if they will pay for one at 1000 miles. With that being said I don't mind paying for an oil change if its what's best for the car. What do you guys recommend?
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do what Subaru tells you, the warranty is through them. If there are any adverse effects (there won't be) from going 5000 miles between, then it's on them. I changed mine at 1000 then 3000 but I do all of my own maintenance (grease monkeys don't come anywhere near my car unless it's inspection time).
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

My dealership says 5000 miles as well, but I go by what the manual says. (3750 I believe)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mine told me 3,750

Unless you drive the car like grandma I would no way in hell let the first oil change go until 5000 miles.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Unless you drive the car like grandma I would no way in hell let the first oil change go until 5000 miles.
    The car only has 400 miles so I have been driving like a grandma, but il probably try get get an oil change around 1000-3700 miles like you guys suggest.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.