Scraping sound when accelerating.

This is a discussion on Scraping sound when accelerating. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Guys, Since i bought my Subaru Impreza WRX 03 i have a specific noise on specific times. On the dutch ...

Scraping sound when accelerating.

Guys,

Since i bought my Subaru Impreza WRX 03 i have a specific noise on specific times. On the dutch forum i didn't get the answeres i was hoping for so i am trying to ask here.

When i accelerate in 1st 2nd or sometime's 3rd gear ( full throttle ), i hear a scraping metal on metal noise. Most of the times i have the sound when i drive in 2nd gear on 3000RPM and give full throttle. I did make a small movie from the sound. You can hear it round the 3 and 18 seconds on the movie.

Movie: Schrapend geluid - YouTube

The noise is gone when release the food on the paddle. In 4rd en 5th gear i havent got the problem. If i just accelerate slow ( no boost ) i havent got the problem either.

Where to start searching for this noise?

Turbo is just the TD04, with a prodrive downpipe, open uppipe and magnex muffer. Just the standard Dump valve. Ecu is standard so boost of 13PSI/0.9BAR.

PS; sorry for the bad english if it is.
    Last edited by erikjeeh; 03-02-2013 at 12:37 PM.