22,500 mile service or not?

This is a discussion on 22,500 mile service or not? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was at the dealership getting one of my last free oil changes at around 21k miles. I had just ...

Question 22,500 mile service or not?

I was at the dealership getting one of my last free oil changes at around 21k miles. I had just received an email about "Your Subaru is due for its 22,500 mile service!" so I asked about scheduling that. The guy at the counter, who knows me by now, basically said I can ignore it because I've always had it in there every 5k miles.

What do I do?
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I always get those emails too...I've always ignored them. Just follow the manual and keep getting oil changes when scheduled. A lot of times these services are "inspections" that they just charge for you. If you read the manual and there are any action items, then just pick and choose what you really need done...do it yourself for hundreds cheaper.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Much appreciated!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula