water in the engine...:( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on water in the engine...:( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2 things can happen (if actual hydrolock): 1 the engine stops due to trying to compress water 2 the engine ...

2 things can happen (if actual hydrolock):
    1 the engine stops due to trying to compress water
    2 the engine stops due to trying to compress water and bends/breaks rod, crank, piston, WTF...

Obviously, if it happens a low rpms/loads and it ONLY stalls the engine you MIGHT be OK. If things bend or break, that'll be that.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Update on the water issue:

I picked up my car yesterday from the mechanic and it turned out they fixed it, or so they say. The owner of the shop said one of the techs went to bring the car into the garage and check everything out, but instead of pushing it in he thought he would try starting it, low behold it started. They said they think just enough water got into the engine to stall it but was more or less burned away. (for a moment I wondered, "if there was still water in the engine, and when your tech started the car and it really hydrolocked and a rod snapped, who would be liable?" Not sure if that was a wise decision right off the bat for that tech)

Anyway, once the car started they did nothing more to make sure it continued to run properly. so I am going to replace the spark plugs and change the oil this week. I also have a new air filter and the wheel well cover coming in hopefully soon (I have been waiting on for over a week). The car seems to run just fine now, the idle is still kind of rough (prior to the water situation the idle would fluctuate, idling at 500rpm's, drop as if it was going to stall, and then shoot back up, I think it could be a boost leak), but starting it after it is warmed up sometimes is very rough. It would take a few seconds for it to start and once the engine turned over, the rpm's would only go up to 1,000 and then drop to idle at 500. Are there any other things you guys could think of that would be the proper steps to ensure the car will continue to run well after having water in the engine?

In other news, I almost have this thing paid off!! Only $600 and I will no longer have to continue feeding money into Valley National...

I Support ClubWRX
    You could have just got a few electrical connectors wet. Whenever I washed the engine bay of my old VW, it was a crap shoot whether it would start or not. If it wouldn't, id grab a can of compressed air and some dielectric grease and dry out the connectors and put a dab of grease on the contacts.

If the connectors got wet, and it started, it'd run rough and idle funny.

So if there is no water in the oil, that could be a culprit.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12