A Reflection: DIY Timing Belt 2006 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on A Reflection: DIY Timing Belt 2006 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by wrx650 I enjoyed reading this (I lol'd at the victory pic) +1...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    I enjoyed reading this (I lol'd at the victory pic)
    +1
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hm you may be right. The factory manual specifies which. I remember having bolt threading problems though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looking over this thread again, I should mention what I did to clear the power steering stuff and get the rad out: instead of disconnecting it, I just rotated it out of the way. Worked fine, no leaks then or now. Again I could have gotten lucky. Like Yeager said though I'd rather be lucky than good any day.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Looking over this thread again, I should mention what I did to clear the power steering stuff and get the rad out: instead of disconnecting it, I just rotated it out of the way. Worked fine, no leaks then or now. Again I could have gotten lucky. Like Yeager said though I'd rather be lucky than good any day.
    Rotated what? The reservoir or the pump?

I know they changed radiators between 2002 and 2006, I dunno if they changed the PS components as well, but there is no way the rad was getting passed the hose in place on my 06.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    The reservoir. There is no pressure on that side of the system and the hose rotated relatively easily yet remained clamped. No leaks. I was very careful but it worked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12