help i think
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help i think within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Recently picked up my 03 wrx.. driving to work this morning I noticed under full boost the break and battery ...

help i think

Recently picked up my 03 wrx.. driving to work this morning I noticed under full boost the break and battery lights flash just for a second. I am able to duplicate it repeatedly. Stopped after work and had the alternator and battery tested both passed with flying colors. Also checked the break fluid resivor which was full.

I am new here but learned a long time ago to search first that being sais i found only 1 thread and after reading it wasn't the same issue.

Sorry for the spelling and punctipuation not easy on my phone to type this out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I had a "spare" alternator that was on its last legs installed for a short time.. it worked fine, except when accelerating hard the brake and battery lights would flash. I would bet on your alternator. Maybe it works okay at idle, but under load it isn't providing sufficient voltage.

Hmm bet that's it at least it makes since thanks I'll look into it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.