Life of a turbo?

This is a discussion on Life of a turbo? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys New to subarus.. just got a 95 impreza wrx it has 163,000km on it... turbo pulls nicely everything ...

Exclamation Life of a turbo?

Hey guys

New to subarus.. just got a 95 impreza wrx it has 163,000km on it... turbo pulls nicely everything stock no mods.

Im curious to how long i can expect my turbo to last for... has anyone here drove theirs over 200,000km with stock turbos? or had issues with theirs blowing early. Im interested in what all of you have to say.

Cheers,

Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    unfortunately theres no magic number. there are a lot of USDM wrx's getting well over 100k miles out of their cars w/ original turbos/clutches/etc.

check out this thread: High Mileage Club

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

My turbo has, roughly 231,262.733 kilometers on it =)

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    My turbo has, roughly 231,262.733 kilometers on it =)
    That's only about 143700 miles...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

As Dez said, there's really no magic number. All depends on the maintenance, style of driving, climate, etc.

I'm on my stock STI turbo and I'm at 124k miles now...the last 10k of those later miles have been on Stage 2 power levels as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    The turbo is not a maintenance item. Ideally it should last the life of the car.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thank you