95 Impreza WRX Making Squealing/screeching noise under hard acceleration

This is a discussion on 95 Impreza WRX Making Squealing/screeching noise under hard acceleration within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys Im new to this site thought id see if any of you could help me out with this ...

Red face 95 Impreza WRX Making Squealing/screeching noise under hard acceleration

Hi guys

Im new to this site thought id see if any of you could help me out with this irratating problem?....

At high rpm, my wrx seems to squeal/screech intermittently. sounds like a loose bolt or something grinding. thats the only way i can explain it. It comes and goes.

I have thought it might be a boost leak, but it doesnt feel like its loosing boost.

maybe its a loose alternator belt?...

The car has recently had: new cambelt, tentioners idlers, water pump, hoses, head gasket replaced, fuel pump and a new clutch. Mielage is 163,000km

help would be appreciated thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

95 Impreza WRX Making Squealing/screeching noise under hard acceleration

Alternator/AC or steering belt (the crow external belts) are possible as are their rollers and tensioners.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    If the belts were recently replaced, it's common for them to stretch a little bit shortly after install. I'm guessing they just need to be tightened a little bit more, but also check that the idlers and pulleys are properly adjusted and torqued.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

okay cheers guys

It seems to stop doing it when its warm now? is that a good sign?