Looking to Mod this summer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking to Mod this summer within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys, I have had my 2012 wrb wrx sedan for close to a year and I love it. I'm ...

I Support ClubWRX

Looking to Mod this summer

Hey Guys,

I have had my 2012 wrb wrx sedan for close to a year and I love it. I'm going to go stage 1, using TP map. I know I want to add gauges, sway bars, short shifter, new end links and front and rear bushings. Could someone give me a list of tools that I would need to have to do these jobs, but also list other tools that I might need to just do typical maintenance on my car.

Thanks alot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so...summer could benefit from stage 2...it needs more exhaust flow for them hot days then it will be able to have more boost on daylight hours.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

look up install threads for these parts and that will give you some tools needed for these part installs. seems like your on a nice build plan so hope everything goes well. but jack, jackstands, ramps, all size sockets, 3/8", 1/4", 1/2", also i love ratchet wrenches, multimeter, crimps, test light, wire crimper, screw drivers-phillips/flat, vice grips, mallets, beer, torches-propane ones are alright and can sometimes do the trick, pb blaster, bearing grease- i tend to use the red sticky kind, breaker bar, tq wrenches for lugs and other things, i always torque down my lugs now. theres a few things but theres always a tool ya seem to be missing when ya need it lol.

box wrenches and a good socket set both in metric sizes.

Tactrix Cable and a laptop running ECU Flash and Rom Raider for the Stage 1 flash.

You can take apart a whole Subaru with 8mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm and 19mm sockets.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Looking to Mod this summer

Perfect, beer sounds like the most important. I do want to go stage 2, but am weary about my warranty although I know all I need is the tune and down pipe. I'm still not even sure if I'm going to do stage 1. But I know I want to do suspension and cosmetic mods.

I Support ClubWRX
    To be honest you run just as much risk on warranty by doing suspension mods. Anything you do actually. Obviously screwing with the engine is the most likely thing to cause any issues, but I could easily see warranty denials due to suspension upgrades. It is a risk we all take!

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Looking to Mod this summer

You know the more I think about it, the more I think I'm just going to do it regardless of the warranty. Stage 1 sounds perfect although I know stage 2 will come, people say the mod bug will hit. Even though I believe it did as soon as I signed up for these forums, when I bought my car

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pbart617 View Post
    You know the more I think about it, the more I think I'm just going to do it regardless of the warranty. Stage 1 sounds perfect although I know stage 2 will come, people say the mod bug will hit. Even though I believe it did as soon as I signed up for these forums, when I bought my car

I think that is the choice *most people on here ultimately come to as well

I Support ClubWRX
    Thats what i have come to realize. The more i think about it too, everything can be fixed, so we'll see how it goes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    look up install threads for these parts and that will give you some tools needed for these part installs. seems like your on a nice build plan so hope everything goes well. but jack, jackstands, ramps, all size sockets, 3/8", 1/4", 1/2", also i love ratchet wrenches, multimeter, crimps, test light, wire crimper, screw drivers-phillips/flat, vice grips, mallets, beer, torches-propane ones are alright and can sometimes do the trick, pb blaster, bearing grease- i tend to use the red sticky kind, breaker bar, tq wrenches for lugs and other things, i always torque down my lugs now. theres a few things but theres always a tool ya seem to be missing when ya need it lol.

3 ton, jackstand seem to be the most popular ones to use around here. any other suggestions?

3 ton Jackstands?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    3 ton Jackstands?
    Yes, sorry having a hard time typing today. That is a bad thing when you work in IT for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by pbart617 View Post
    Yes, sorry having a hard time typing today. That is a bad thing when you work in IT for a living.
    I know the feeling all too well. A solid set of jackstands is key. A set of ramps isn't a bad idea either, especially for simple oil changes and especially if you plan on doing Swaybars, which need to be installed under load. A good floor jack makes life easier as well. I got a low-profile floorjack from Harbor Freight, and I love it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I know the feeling all too well. A solid set of jackstands is key. A set of ramps isn't a bad idea either, especially for simple oil changes and especially if you plan on doing Swaybars, which need to be installed under load. A good floor jack makes life easier as well. I got a low-profile floorjack from Harbor Freight, and I love it!
    Any ideas for a good set of jack stands, ramps, and lp floorjack? I have been looking but not sure if they are any good or not.

jackstands? ya mean woodblocks? much cheaper. jk. ive upgraded to them lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast