Why is my alternator making this noise? 2013 WRX

This is a discussion on Why is my alternator making this noise? 2013 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A little background info: Originally I thought I had a boost leak or something of the sort due to a ...

Why is my alternator making this noise? 2013 WRX

A little background info:
    Originally I thought I had a boost leak or something of the sort due to a whistling noise I heard on cold start-ups in cold weather. Being the paranoid person I am, and after reading so many threads about boost leaks, I went to work on my intercooler/throttle body hose. To my surprise I couldn't get it off. Even after removing the IC by loosening the worm clamp at the IC-end of the hose, I still could not pull off the hose from the TB like so many people claim they have. I say pull because there was no physical way for me to reach the worm clamp to loosen it from the TB-end. Long story short, I put the IC back on assuming my IC/TB hose is on there pretty snug.

Now the actual(?) issue:
    I started my car one morning and the whistling was going pretty bonkers so I decided it was a good opportunity to get a video of where the whistling was coming from in the actual engine compartment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzfJSAZloms (I couldn't get the video to link correctly through the post)

I'm not quite sure what this noise is, but it seems to coming directly from the alternator. Anyone every have or heard of anything like this? And this is in fact the same "whistling" I was hearing when I thought there was a leak of some sort.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Perhaps just take it to the dealer, a 2013 should be under warranty