boost gauge

This is a discussion on boost gauge within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an AEM boost gauge installed. It works great...but...when I start my car I have to turn the key ...

I Support ClubWRX

boost gauge

I have an AEM boost gauge installed. It works great...but...when I start my car I have to turn the key to "on" and wait a few seconds for the boost gauge to power up. Then I turn the car on and it works fine. If I just start the car without turning the key to "on" for a few seconds to let the gauge power up first then the gauge doesn't read accurately. Anyone else have this issue?
    Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think it a good idea to do that process anyways. It gives the fuel pump time to prime and ensure there is adequate pressure in the fuel rails for starting. That's not to say there is a distinct advantage to doing it, you're likely not going to experience a change in starting times in most cases, but it will help prevent hard starting for the most part.

Odd that the gauge needs time to zero itself out properly though...
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeay I thought it was strange that it needed to do that as well. I thought the gauge was broken or frozen at first (very cold recently), but then I was just fiddling around turning the car off and on, loosening the bezel, etc, and noticed that if I followed the, on, wait, then start it worked great. If I just start right up there is no vacuum, and it only goes from 0-5 lbs.

Anyway, I have no problem following the routine to make the gauge work properly, but I was just looking to see if anyone else has to do this or if I should contact AEM to see WTF is up!