help! no boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help! no boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, guys so i still cant figure this boost issue im having with my 02 wrx wagon, in 4th gear ...

help! no boost

hey, guys so i still cant figure this boost issue im having with my 02 wrx wagon, in 4th gear wot im only boosting to .04 mpa's which converts to about 5.8psi, only mods are a turbo back catless exhaust, koyorad radiator, gfb blow off valve. i have basically inspected, clamped and or replaced every hose in the turbo system including installing and intercooler hose kit and cannot find anymore leaks when i do a leak test, i have replaced the uppipe and down pipe gaskets after smelling exhaust, while doing this check the turbine there was no axial play and very minimal radial play and seemed to spin freely,i have also cleaned and done the 12v test on the bcs which seemed to be working fine, but i have not had any luck with actually building boost, i dont know what to do, if you guys have any thoughts or advice that would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    When did the car stop reaching stock boost levels? I see you listed no engine management, I'm assuming the car is untuned?

Is the entire stock boost control system in place, including the restrictor pill?

yeah restrictor pill is in place and it is untuned,
    there was no cel but my brother had me run the obd2 reader on it and it was coding p1091, which was the tgv stuck open or close, could this be a cause of my issues?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If you are untuned, how are you not getting a CEL for rear O2 cat inefficiency? And for the EGT .. I guess you've done the 2.2k ohm resistor mod?

I'm not sure if the TGV code throws it into limp mode, but if so I'd say that's your problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would agree the TGV is part of the issue. Will the car go over 4500 rpm?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

is your aftermarket bov leaking? that'd be where id look first.......

even if its not do yourself a favor and put the stock one back on.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.