Durablend engine oil
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Durablend engine oil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I had my engine oil switched by the shop I always use and the past 5 times I had ...

Durablend engine oil

So I had my engine oil switched by the shop I always use and the past 5 times I had been there they put in full synthetic.

For some reason these morons decided to put durablend in and stupid me I didn't check until I was going through my records today.

I drove 1600 miles with this do you think I could've damaged my engine with this oil?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do the specifications for the oil used match those dictated by the manufacturer's owner manual? Check the specs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Re: Durablend engine oil

It was 5w 30 I know that is within spec. Or are there other specs that I need to know? Also if I know my car is never gonna be under 20 degrees F does this mean I should go to 10w-40?

STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX
    In the manual, the specs are listed and there is a temperature vs. viscosity chart.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Okay so the the durablend should be fine because its the right viscosity. I couldn't find API specs on the durablend however

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you under warranty? If not I'd not worry. Keep the level correct and live life.

I'm not under warranty I was just wondering if there could have been a major problem with this oil.

STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX

Durablend engine oil

If the specs match the oil is correct. If they don't it's not. The best way to determine whether the oil is OK is a post mortem tear down plus used oil analysis. Since your motor is OK only the latter is even remotely practical though I'd not bother, nor would I worry. Keep the level correct and if it gets to you psychologically just shorten the drain interval. Life is short.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRC View Post
    I'm not under warranty I was just wondering if there could have been a major problem with this oil.
    Like what problem?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Your engine will probably blow up next week

Probably, but probably NOT because of oil... If it's not a full synthetic just make the next change at 2/3 interval.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Probably, but probably NOT because of oil... If it's not a full synthetic just make the next change at 2/3 interval.
    Probably from the oodles of spark knock your car has endured.

Quit being a worry wort.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.