WHY IS MY CLUTCH SO STIFF???

This is a discussion on WHY IS MY CLUTCH SO STIFF??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all,,, over the past few months my clutch has become stiffer and stiffer... Definatly is giving my left calf ...

WHY IS MY CLUTCH SO STIFF???

Hi all,,,

over the past few months my clutch has become stiffer and stiffer... Definatly is giving my left calf quite a work out... I brought it to my dealer and they said they would have to "tear the clutch down" and inspect it... They also said it would be a 50% chance it would be covered by warranty...

My car is a 2012 wrx hatch, Stage 2 with Aem, and a turbo xs bov...

3,903 miles...

The clutch doesn't slip at all or anything and I haven't been really "beating" on the car, but its getting so damn heavy... :/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have to push way down to the floor to change gears? If so it may be the clutch fluid, but I would think that would be the first thing the dealership would check.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Do you have to push way down to the floor to change gears? If so it may be the clutch fluid, but I would think that would be the first thing the dealership would check.
    No... it engages half way down... :/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by atissasha View Post
    No... it engages half way down... :/
    Hmm...Hopefully someone in here will have some other ideas. Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Hmm...Hopefully someone in here will have some other ideas. Good luck with it!
    Thanks! I sure hope so

Re: WHY IS MY CLUTCH SO STIFF???

Huh huh... He said stiff..!

Sounds normal to me.
    WRX clutches have been known to be stiffer than others. And my first few thousand miles were pretty bad getting used to the clutch. Next time you go to the dealer ask to test the clutch on other WRX's maybe? *Shrugs*

The last time I Hung out with a couple guys that had 11 wrx's we noticed one had a super stiff clutch pedal (felt stiffer than the racing pressure plate clutches I've had in the past) and the other guy had a super soft clutch that was hard to feel. Luckily mine was the middle of the two. They brought it in to subaru but the dealer said it was normal.
    -2012 DGM WRX
    From the 559

my clutch feels light as a feather to me. but the last manual car i owned was a 05 Mustang GT. so i guess my frame of reference is a bit off lol. if you came from a honda or something i can see the clutch feeling really heavy to you

Quote Originally Posted by mon3yboi View Post
    The last time I Hung out with a couple guys that had 11 wrx's we noticed one had a super stiff clutch pedal (felt stiffer than the racing pressure plate clutches I've had in the past) and the other guy had a super soft clutch that was hard to feel. Luckily mine was the middle of the two. They brought it in to subaru but the dealer said it was normal.
    Yeah, mine is that super stiff one... Do you know what could have caused it to become so stiff? And yes, I compared it to a buddy with a racing clutch on his wrx, and mines still a lot heavier... :/