rearview mirror fell off
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on rearview mirror fell off within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; in my 2013 wrx rearview mirror felloff. the screw become loose and when i try to tighten up the metal ...

rearview mirror fell off

in my 2013 wrx rearview mirror felloff. the screw become loose and when i try to tighten up the metal piece holding the screw had no thread on it and only one screw was holding the mirror mount.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it to the dealer and express your admiration to them. They need to fix this, it's a safety issue and in general cars should be sold without parts falling off them these days.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

'specially on a NEW car. This is a warranty issue, no doubt! Or did you already mod it?!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

As long as the mirror isn't modded lol it should be covered :-) its not like a down pipe made your mirror fall off lol
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blusubi02 View Post
    As long as the mirror isn't modded lol it should be covered :-) its not like a down pipe made your mirror fall off lol

"Increased cabin vibration caused by aftermarket parts: warranty claim denied."

I Support ClubWRX
    As long as you didn't hang fuzzy dice from the mirror it should be covered.

Also where is this screw? It is an adhesive. You mean the mirror came off with the adhesive
    ?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's what I was wondering...there's no screw on the base of the mirror. Unless it is something that helps connect the swivel point
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

adhesive piece is there on windshield that has one solid metal piece with 2 holes. then another piece is screw to that metal that came off. mirror is pluged on second piece. solid metal piece thread is worn up for some reason.
    i am stock no mods r done.
    snap shot is in my car so after that i go to cobb stage 2 downpipe + flash

I Support ClubWRX
    Just curious, how much of a discount did you get with the snapshot or does the discount only apply after having the snapshot for some period of time.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Just curious, how much of a discount did you get with the snapshot or does the discount only apply after having the snapshot for some period of time.

I see they do a free trial of it to let you see how much you can save with it.. So tempting to "try" it out, go do some auto-x events, hit up the 1/4 mile track, etc. Then take it back to them and ask how much you'll same

my wife has 1 year old license mine is for 7 y old. i bought her mazda 3 and were quoted for 1400+ for 6 months by geico statefarm and some others. i decided to go with progressive for 1222/6m they offre me snapshot. after 30 days the send me 300.00 back and gave me 26% discount. when i added my wrx i was quated for around the same.
    but now nextmonth at renew i will pay $1248/6m for both. i live in miami and rates r very high.
    but driving with snapshot is pain slow and you cant break hard.
    30 days for discount and almost 3 month in the car.

I have Progressive, and was going to try the Snapshot. I just never had a chance to put it in cause I was logging with the OBDII port at the time, so it just didn't make sense.

I did clarify that it can ONLY HELP your rates...it can in NO way harm your rates or cause them to increase. The only downfall is, you have to keep it plugged in for about a month+ straight. It logs how often you drive, how you accelerate and how hard you hit the brakes (g-forces actually) and sends that info back. It's not actually a "trial" you have to pay for...you just either use it and try and get a discount applied from it, or you don't. Costs nothing extra.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

here is the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG086.jpg  

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    here is the pic
    I believe you have the optional rear view mirror (Either auto dimming or HomeLink and auto dimming). That is the part of the installation kit for the optional mirror (Part No: H501SSA040). I stripped mine as well installing my HomeLink Mirror. That piece is made of a really soft metal so the dealer has to be careful not to over tighten the screws when installing. That part can be bought separately.

Since your car is new I would take it back to the dealer and they should fix/replace it for free.

Last edited by KHP; 01-29-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

thx KHP for the part number.
    i didnt want to go to the dealer and wait all day long for $10part
    and also dealer is about 40 miles away.
    will order online
    i wish i could get the metal part only so i dont have to throw away the rest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.