rearview mirror fell off - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on rearview mirror fell off within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by rajalucy thx KHP for the part number. i didnt want to go to the dealer and wait ...

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    thx KHP for the part number.
    i didnt want to go to the dealer and wait all day long for $10part
    and also dealer is about 40 miles away.
    will order online
    i wish i could get the metal part only so i dont have to throw away the rest
    Yeah be careful tightening it. With normal screws you feel it get tight with this one you won't (it's that easy to strip ). Tighten the screws a quarter of a turn at a time and see if you can budge the assembly. If you can't budge mount assembly do not turn the screws anymore or you'll end up needing another kit.

Good luck!
    Last edited by KHP; 01-29-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Had this issue with my 2012 Premium. It also, had the "homelink" mirror setup. I hit a bump and it fell right down, only hanging from the wires. The mount with the two screw holes is made of aluminum and strips out easily when the screw is originally threaded in. They warranty it for me no problem. It is a known defect according to my dealer here.

My rear view mirror (with Homelink) had been vibrating for a couple of weeks before I took it in for the 7500 mile service. I could adjust it and it would stay still for 10 or 15 minutes, then start vibrating again. Only when I was on my way to the dealer did I finally remember to actually look at it. The screw was loose. The dealer tightened the screw for me, but the mirror is still vibrating. Same deal - if I adjust it, It'll stay still for 10 mins. Looks like I'm going back to the dealer. Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    My rear view mirror (with Homelink) had been vibrating for a couple of weeks before I took it in for the 7500 mile service. I could adjust it and it would stay still for 10 or 15 minutes, then start vibrating again. Only when I was on my way to the dealer did I finally remember to actually look at it. The screw was loose. The dealer tightened the screw for me, but the mirror is still vibrating. Same deal - if I adjust it, It'll stay still for 10 mins. Looks like I'm going back to the dealer. Joy.
    Yea man, same issue as me. Its like; if I mess with the mirror, I can get it to stay for a little while, but after about 5 miles of driving its managed to vibrate itself out of whack again. My dealer tried just tightening it, which didn't work. Thats when they discovered all of the WRXs on the lot were like that...

Thanks for the part number! I'm stationed with the Air Force in Korea, and this just save me a big hassle. It's a day trip to the only dealer in the country that i know of, and they don't have warranty support for my US spec.... Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.