Cruise Control is not working! please help.

This is a discussion on Cruise Control is not working! please help. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, This is my first post but Ive been on the site for some time now. So my cruise ...

Hey guys,
    This is my first post but Ive been on the site for some time now. So my cruise control only works sometimes, some drives I can turn it on and off multiple times with no issues. Other times, It wont do anything. Ive been looking on the forums and this doesnt seem to be a common issue but any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Actions taken so far
    -Checked fuse #18(cruise control)
    -Checked and cleaned relays and fuses in engine compartment fuse box
    -Checked clutch engagement switch
    -Checked brake engagement switch

2006 WRX Stock tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    At the times that it doesn't work, do you see any check engine light by chance?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

what year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    what year?
    he said 2006 Mark...learn to read smart guy
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

if theres no cel try looking at the switch itself

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've heard that the ECU disables cruise control when the car goes into "ECU Limp mode." Can anyone confirm this?

Any CELs?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    he said 2006 Mark...learn to read smart guy
    lol sorry. i knew there was a recall for the bugeyes that has something to do with ABS...but sorry im no help :/

limp mode=bad wheels speed sensor maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I've heard that the ECU disables cruise control when the car goes into "ECU Limp mode." Can anyone confirm this?

Any CELs?
    My 05 has that stupid EVAP CEL right now. When it's on, Cruise flashes and is disabled. The code I have isn't detrimental, and it doesn't affect anything else about the way my car drives...so I don't think it's a Limp mode per say.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I have problems with my cruise control blinking and not functioning, with no CEL.

I do have other lights/non-functioning symptoms as well, however. So that doesn't help out here. I also have no solution, so that really doesn't help out here.

This has been another useless post by teh Calvinballs.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I have problems with my cruise control blinking and not functioning, with no CEL.

I do have other lights/non-functioning symptoms as well, however. So that doesn't help out here. I also have no solution, so that really doesn't help out here.

This has been another useless post by teh Calvinballs.
    You're very welcome...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Seriously though, I have seen that the CC is turned off automatically when something goes pop. One example was when I put the open DP back in and the car overboostet initially. Had CEL on and CC off (blinking). However, I DID have a CEL at the time. Once reset the CC was back in business. I also had the CC on my Grand Cherokee not operational for a short period and it went back to normal operation when I tried to figure out what was wrong. Never found anything and never had it go non-op again...
    I'm leaning to say it's a problem with the CC itself. Usually something blinking means it's not working right. In this case the CC. Not sure off the top but on my Heep there was a vacuum line connected, that might be the case and have an issue. Check the cruise control system itself first.
    Let us know what year car we're talking about, someone might have actual tech info for it... (I'm good for 3rd gen...)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    On the clutch pedal pivot inside the car there is a small plastic knob that may be cracked or missing entirely. Its function is to engage the clutch switch. Without it, the clutch switch may work but the car will always think the clutch pedal is depressed regardless of whether the clutch is engaged or not, so no cruise control. Check that little white plastic thingy. If there is none, try using a bolt or something and see if the CC now works.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

My 11s cruise control is not working either. It stopped about six months ago. It's so badly molested I don't want to take it to the dealer. I'm interested to see what the issue is for you