Thermostat going bad? (Video)

This is a discussion on Thermostat going bad? (Video) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So it seems as though when i come to a stop and idle sometimes the temperature starts to rise slowly. ...

Thermostat going bad? (Video)

So it seems as though when i come to a stop and idle sometimes the temperature starts to rise slowly. It will do so unless i counteract it by giving the engine some rev's which brings it back down and stabilizes it. So im guessing the thermostat is sometimes sticking closed and loosens back up when I get on it a little bit. You can see this in the video this morning.
    Thermostat? - YouTube

So im reasonably sure that its my thermostat going bad unless the new mishimoto radiator i put in not to long some how went bad. Which im doubting because coolant levels aren't changing. I thought I'd just hear some other opinions before i order a new one.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How long ago was the new radiator installed? Any issues after the install?

Sounds like air in the system to me.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Like mid summer, and it ran perfect until this huge cold front came into our state.

How many miles on the car? Have any mods been done recently? It could be the t-stat but I would look for leaks first. Also check the radiator caps. Make sure the lower pressure one is on the turbo reservoir. Also check to see if the coolant is flowing. You can see this when the car is being burped.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Just about 101,000. The only thing ive done recently to it is put a new lightweight odyssey battery in it. Obviously that shouldn't be having any effect on the cooling system. Ill give it a good look over tomorrow.