I'm having an issue with my interior/exterior lights dimming whenever my 2003 WRX engages the AC/defog compressor. The lights will typically dim for 2-3 seconds every time the compressor is engaged. Engine noise also appears to be dampened during the dimming but RPM is NOT affected. The car has shut off once during heavy traffic but quickly restarted.
- 2003 WRX 100% Stock with the exception of a combo sub/amp I have installed under the seat in place of the stock sub.
- 86K Miles
- Voltage tested with a multimeter...100% normal readings even when lights dim
What I've tried:
- Cleaning battery/tightening terminal connections/removing corrosion: No effect
- Checking/cleaning grounds on both fenders: No effect
- Replaced battery: No effect
- Replaced Alternator: No effect
- Disconnecting sub/amp lead from battery: No effect
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!