Newly purchased 2006 subaru impreza wrx smell and lack of pull

This is a discussion on Newly purchased 2006 subaru impreza wrx smell and lack of pull within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just bought it and it arrived today. Me being excited I took it over to show my wife and after ...

Just bought it and it arrived today. Me being excited I took it over to show my wife and after a short drive on the highway and parking the car i could smell a burning smell quite strong inside the car. I opened the hood up and it seems like its coming from the passenger side close to the firewall? Also on the way back home on the highway i gave it a good punch in 5th gear and the rpms raised very high but it hesitated to pull the car. Just dont know if any of this is normal or not need help if possible thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Typically if you press on the gas, RPMS shoot up but the car doesn't move, your clutch needs to be replaced

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ok, any idea on the burning smell?

I Support ClubWRX

Smell is clutch or a burning fluid (oil, gear oil, axle grease).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Smell is clutch or a burning fluid (oil, gear oil, axle grease).
    My money is on that. Welcome and condolences on such a problem with a new purchase.
    And best not to punch it in 5th. Drop it down to 4th or 3rd(if possible) so you're in better range of the turbo.