13 WRX Water in Tail Lights

This is a discussion on 13 WRX Water in Tail Lights within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have have my 13 wrx 5 door for about a month now and have found water droplets inside of ...

13 WRX Water in Tail Lights

I have have my 13 wrx 5 door for about a month now and have found water droplets inside of the real tail lights, anyone else have this happen to them? Also was heading up an entrance ramp this weekend and noticed that my brakes held on for about a second to give me time to let out my clutch and not roll backwards...I hope this is normal!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Some have noticed condensation in the rear tail lights, some in the headlights. Subaru says its not their fault.

Yes, the car has brake assist. It will hold the car in place for a couple of seconds when you are on a hill & letting the clutch out to prevent the car from rolling back.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The brake thing is normal, its actually a "feature" built into the car. Some people love it and others hate it.
    Moisture in the lights is normal to a degree. It shouldn't actually fill up, that would indicate a leak. But some misting over of the lens happens when it gets cold and the humidity of the air inside the light condenses on the coldest part of the light, and that would be - you guessed it- the lens.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

some places were supposed to reseal the light assembly. but even if they do that theyre only going to do it once and of course theyre going to half a** it since its warrenty work and no tech wants to work for free

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    some places were supposed to reseal the light assembly. but even if they do that theyre only going to do it once and of course theyre going to half a** it since its warrenty work and no tech wants to work for free
    Excellent, thanks for all of the replies.