Driver side headlight issue

This is a discussion on Driver side headlight issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know there was a thread around here somewhere about problems with some of these headlights. A few days ago ...

Driver side headlight issue

I know there was a thread around here somewhere about problems with some of these headlights. A few days ago my driver's side low beam went out. I have silverstars in them, and I know they only have about a year or so life span, so I wasn't really to worried about it. I pulled the light, looked it over and it wasn't broken or anything. I turned the lights on, plugged it back in, and then it started working again. No big deal, so I put it back in, turned the lights on and off a few times, it worked without an issue, so I just figured it was good. Today I got in it, turned the lights on and it's out again. I have given the headlamp a few light hits, but that didn't do anything.

I remember several people having headlight issues, so I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I have already had an issue with the signal light on that same side also, but it's been working ok for the last month or 2. Should I just take it in and try to get the headlamp replaced? Any easy fix I can try instead?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its a bad filament. Just because the filament looks OK and it's not broken doesn't mean there's a bad contact in it. Especially if it comes back on if you flick it or nudge it. I replace a ton of bulbs and only a handful are actually busted filaments. Just change the bulb and you'll be good

ok, going back to the regular bulbs though.. I can't afford to keep putting SS's in there... they aren't cheap. I'm not all that impressed with them anyway TBH.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

No I agree. They almost always seem to go bad. I recommend upgrading to hid if its in your budget sometime. The bulbs are supposed to last pretty long and give you more light as long as you don't go too blue

I Support ClubWRX
    There are plenty of better bulbs out there. Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night breakers. Also an upgraded lighting harness and grounding mod can help as well. I think HID's are over rated and over priced personally.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S