bank one sensor check engine light, plz help

This is a discussion on bank one sensor check engine light, plz help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi, guys! after i upgraded my stock down and up pipe to catless up and down pipe, my engine light ...

hi, guys! after i upgraded my stock down and up pipe to catless up and down pipe, my engine light pops all the time, bank one sensor message, any trick that i can do to make it go away? or i guess i have to just get used to it, thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Really? This is a serious question? You just tossed on an up pipe and down pipe and expected your ECU to just adjust for corrections? Maybe you shoulda done some research huh? Get a tune. That will fix it.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX

Your description of the CEL is not clear. The work done will generate two CELs usually. Both can be addressed mechanically or electronically. Search "CEL fix" for both up pipe and down pipe.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You could always put catted up and do instead so your o2 won't bug out

thanx guys, thats my first turbo car. im just new to wrx. thax

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    You could always put catted up and do instead so your o2 won't bug out
    DO NOT use a Cat in the up pipe. simple and cheap resistor mod will take care of the up pipe CEL.

2.2K Ohm Resistor Mod