shifting issue
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on shifting issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 wrx. Every so often when I'm shifting into 4th from 3rd it won't let me into ...

shifting issue

I have a 2013 wrx. Every so often when I'm shifting into 4th from 3rd it won't let me into 4th unless I double clutch. I don't try to force it so once I feel the wall going into 4th I just double clutch which sucks. I know I've got my clutch down fully when it happens so its not my shifting. It doesn't happen every time but enough to be frustrating. It happens let's say 15% of the time. If that. Has anyone else expierenced this issue? Or have any advice? I'm going stage 1 soon so I'm thinking I should bring it to the dealer before I flash anything. My dealership is extremely not mod friendly and are very rude so I know they will be looking for any excuse to deny me if I mess with anything before I have them look at it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im having the same problem
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm curious to see what the issue is. Seems weird.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Almost seems like a syncro problem to me..
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I am also having the same problem with my 2013 wrx. It happens during the first 5 shifts or so in to 4th gear...afterwards it shifts fine. And sometimes I find it hard shifting in to reverse as well.

For the reverse issue just hold down your clutch and put it into first (keep clutch down) and go back to reverse it will fix it every time

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    For the reverse issue just hold down your clutch and put it into first (keep clutch down) and go back to reverse it will fix it every time
    thats what i have to do in my 02 sometimes. she doesnt like going in reverse and sometimes will grind if i try to do it quickly. but that trick usually works. also need to be like dead stopped to put her in 1st -__-

but for your 4th to 3rd problem will it go in if u rev match then try to slide it in?

I feel like it could just be the crappy bushings that everyone talks about but this is my first manual so I don't know. I'm going to take it in this weekend and have them look at it since my only mod is mudflaps and I'm under warranty. Honestly my dealership is full of such super uber douchness that I wouldn't be surprised if they tryed to deny me for rear mudflaps.

haha aww ya should be alright

Its 3rd to 4th I've had no issues downshifting

I made an appointment for Saturday morning ill let you know what they say it is

I'm surprised nobody else has any thoughts on what problem could be causing this

It hasnt happened to me recently, but im sticking with my thought of the syncro, or it could just be a matter of pressing your clutch all the way down.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

god i was hoping subaru finally fixed their five speed probems -__-

Six-Speed swap anyone?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.