Weird issue. Trying to make sense of what happened - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Weird issue. Trying to make sense of what happened within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You have a warranty. Take it to the dealer. Or find a copy of the factory service manual wiring diagrams ...

I Support ClubWRX
    You have a warranty. Take it to the dealer. Or find a copy of the factory service manual wiring diagrams and pin out the circut. Then back probe for power. Could even be a loose ground somewhere.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Weird issue. Trying to make sense of what happened

The trouble is if the issue is intermittent it will invariable work great when the dealer inspects it.

My car recently had a battery fail. Before that, the cig lighter and radio were intermittent maybe twice in several months. I've no way of knowing if that's related to the batt but before this thread I would have not thought so.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Any aftermarket electrical parts installed? Sounds like someone has been playing with the electrical system.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Any aftermarket electrical parts installed? Sounds like someone has been playing with the electrical system.

I installed at pioneer headunit back in August.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

I'm going to test the blower motor resistor to see if that could be the problem, but still doesn't explain why the clock would go out.

If this happens a few more times I'm going to take it into the dealership.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

I Support ClubWRX
    It the clock stops working,pull it out and test for power and ground. This will immediately tell you where to start looking. The fan control and clock might share the same ground or even power. Generally the blower motor will have it's own fuse but will use a relay and a lower amp circuit to control it just like the starter and headlight system.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12