Losing power

This is a discussion on Losing power within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I own a 2004 wrx and when I push the clutch in the rpm's drop and the car dies completely....I ...

Losing power

I own a 2004 wrx and when I push the clutch in the rpm's drop and the car dies completely....I have no Idea what is going on and need help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Jables_WRX_Junki's Avatar
    is this when the car is idling? I assume so. Have you tried giving it some throttle right after you push the clutch in? Id say give it a couple good pumps. Thats weird though ive never heard of that.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Any mods? CEL?? How many miles? Is it up to date on scheduled maintenance?

It has 124k. Used to be moded up before I had it and the guy put it back to stock besides air intake. Do you think it could the timing belt where it's around those miles and loses power?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny3891 View Post
    It has 124k. Used to be moded up before I had it and the guy put it back to stock besides air intake. Do you think it could the timing belt where it's around those miles and loses power?
    What had been done to it that was subsequently removed?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I own a 2004 wrx and when I push the clutch in the rpm's drop and the car dies completely....I have no Idea what is going on and need help!
    check the mass air flow meter & o2 sensor dont get new ones with out testing. that is a odd prob just puting in new parts will cast way too much. i have never seen this prb i am a auto tec. would have to look more up on that but you would be just as good at that as me. i will tell you more if i find it sorry i was not more help.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

The timing belt should be replaced at 110k miles, but timing belt failure would cause the engine to not run, and would probably trash the valves in the process.

Did this problem recently start? If so, what happened before it started? OR, did you buy the car in this condition? I think it's likely that something is messed up or not properly installed from the previous owner. Have you performed a compression or leak down test on the engine since you bought it?