02 WRX Clicking from rear wheel

This is a discussion on 02 WRX Clicking from rear wheel within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; HI, Two days ago i purchased an 02 WRX sedan with 130,000 miles on it, all stock. Over the last ...

02 WRX Clicking from rear wheel

HI,
    Two days ago i purchased an 02 WRX sedan with 130,000 miles on it, all stock. Over the last two days of driving ive began to hear a clicking sound (click click click...) at low speeds from the rear. Upon researching this issue it seems like this is due to a bad wheel bearing (i hope i'm wrong). One weird thing i've noticed with my car that is never mentioned in other posts is that when i hit the brakes, the sound completely stops which causes me to think that it may be something with the brakes? I will try to provide more information as i drive more but any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it stops while braking, it's likely that it's something to do with the calipers or pads. Jack up the rear, take off the tires, and inspect both sides. Have a friend work the brakes and see if you can identify something not working properly.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!