Accidentally punctured a hole in my Air pump pipe

This is a discussion on Accidentally punctured a hole in my Air pump pipe within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So today I was doing a compression test and I was removing the plastic tube that connects the Air Pump ...

Accidentally punctured a hole in my Air pump pipe

So today I was doing a compression test and I was removing the plastic tube that connects the Air Pump to the rubber hose towards the rear, whilst underneath the car struggling with the clamp trying to get it off I decided to push on it with a flathead, I was not aware that I was pushing on rubber and I put a slit on the area where the Clam sits, will this cause me any harm? how does the air injection system truly work, I could not feel any air coming out of it but just curious as to if I need to get that hose replaced!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Air pump is just for start up emissions purposes.... Look up the wrx airpump delete mod.

okay so once the valve shuts I there wont be any kind of air system leak?

Yeah basically. The pump just pumps air into the exhaust so you wont get any vacuum leaks if thats what you mean.
    If the slit isn't past the clamp you should be fine.