Idle but won't accelerate

This is a discussion on Idle but won't accelerate within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2002 wrx. I think i'm the 4th owner. A lot has been done to this car but not exactly sure ...

2002 wrx. I think i'm the 4th owner. A lot has been done to this car but not exactly sure what. Information has been lost as it has been passed along. Seems like a lot of upgrades were done and then it was return to stock besides the exhaust.

Just got the motor back in and we managed to get it to start. we managed to get it to idle but it's not very responsive when we give it some gas. we still have 2 sensors we have yet to figure out where they go to.

Went to check the ECU and we found this

It has been suggested that I should remove it, just hook up the ecu and get a cobb accessport.

any ideas on where I should begin to look at to get this car back on the road. What other information would you need in order to help me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What mods does it have on it now, and what are you planning on using it for? I would personally stick with the stock ECU and just flash it unless you're building a race car or something. You can get an AccessPort if your want, but most everyone on here knows that in my opinion they are a waste of money.

Unless you are very knowledgeable about Subarus (which is seems isn't the case), then my best suggestion would be to take it to a reputable performance shop that specializes in modified Subarus and throw money at them until it works. There are trusted places that won't try to screw you over (depending on where you live).

I'm just planning on using it as my daily with a bit of auto x when I can. current mods are just an exhaust and intake.

You're right I am not knowledgeable about subarus, but unfortunately for me there are no reputable performance shops in at least a few thousand (I live on a small island not far from japan) miles from me. So you guys have been all the help I've had so far

Ahh.. gotcha.

What intake does it have on it? Does it have the OEM boost control solenoid installed? OEM bypass valve? Does it have stock injectors?

Are your cam and crank sensors installed correctly? After going over all that I would remove the UTEC and try flashing an OTS stage two map like the testes map to use as a base map. Do you have a laptop? With that and a Tactrix cable you will be able to tune it and log.

I'll check up on all that when I get home and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Unless you are very knowledgeable about Subarus (which is seems isn't the case), then my best suggestion would be to take it to a reputable performance shop that specializes in modified Subarus and throw money at them until it works. There are trusted places that won't try to screw you over (depending on where you live).

Depending on available octane, maybe not testes' maps. OSECU has a 91 octane for you to play it safe for now.
    I'm with MainFrame, AccessPorts are a waste of money. Invest in a Tactrix cable.

Stock boost control solenoid.
    Bypass valve is stock.
    injectors are pink.
    intake unknown at the moment.
    and the highest available octane is 91 over here.
    is this the cable you guys recomend?
    OpenPort 2.0 with Full Adapter Set. Now Includes CAN Support!, Tactrix OpenPort Cables, OpenPort2Ful - Tuner Tools, the inside line

If I were you I would get the OpenPort 1.3U cable. It should be cheaper, and they're sturdier. The 2.0 will work, but it's only really needed for newer vehicles (and you can use it to log to a micro SD card). The 1.3U will work fine for a 2002 WRX, you just have to tote your laptop along if you want to log, which I would do anyways so I can make adjustments on the side of the road.

The "Pink" injectors are 565cc (stock injectors should be around 420cc). So you are going to have to have the injectors properly scaled, which could very well be your problem. If the computer thinks it's running stock injectors then the pink injectors are going to be dumping way too much fuel, which would cause it to bog.. also might wash your cylinders, so I wouldn't run it until you can get a decent base tune on there.

Are you sure it has the stock td04 turbo on there?

Not sure if its stock but I'll double check the turbo.

Been really busy because of Christmas coming up. CHeck the turbo and it's a VF30.

Should I keep it or change back to a TD04?
    Last edited by dash05; 12-22-2012 at 10:19 PM.