2010 WRX CEL causes

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX CEL causes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I just to my wrx back from the dealer about a week ago for the cel being on, they ...

2010 WRX CEL causes

So I just to my wrx back from the dealer about a week ago for the cel being on, they said it was a loose connection and cleaned the throttle. On my way to work today I was getting on the highway in 5th, stepped down to accelerate and once the boost started to hit there was some severe hesitation and bucking/jerking. Then the cel came on again. I don't have a code scanner at work, so I don't know the codes yet, but what could cause this? Hard acceleration in 1st-2nd seems ok, it's only in higher gears that this happens. Ill try to get the actual code later, but any suggestions would be helpful!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very tough to help without the codes.

One apparently common issue with the newer gen cars, though, is that the hoses connecting to the intercooler can come loose under heavy load. Problem is while the car is sitting it may look fine.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Overboosting/fuel cut perhaps? Going WOT in 5th gear is heavy engine load...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying