Camshaft Sensor may need shims?

This is a discussion on Camshaft Sensor may need shims? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I took my '12 WRX to the dealership to fix the P0451 issue the other day. After about 2 hours ...

Question Camshaft Sensor may need shims?

I took my '12 WRX to the dealership to fix the P0451 issue the other day. After about 2 hours they asked if I would be able to bring my car back a week later for them to take measurements to see if my camshaft sensor needs shims added. They stated that this ws a "bulletin" for these cars but I havent seen anything anywhere about it. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this same "issue"? I did notice that they replaced my gas cap and I no longer get the CEL for P0451.
    wick3djester
    2012 WRX HB (OBP)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't heard of it, personally, but I don't have access to Subaru's technical info. That is where the TSB's are located, and I'm definitely not one who cares enough to pay for access to it.

If they say it's in a bulletin, that means it's in a TSB, Technical Service Bulletin. It means they're aware there is an issue, and that Subaru feels obligated to fix and cover it.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've heard of people needing to do it before (with built engines), but not that it was a Subaru TSB..