02 wrx won't start

This is a discussion on 02 wrx won't start within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 02 wrx that won't start, i changed the fuel pump and it ran great for 2 days, ...

02 wrx won't start

I have a 02 wrx that won't start, i changed the fuel pump and it ran great for 2 days, now it won't start again, i can hear the fuelpump whir when i attempt start up so its getting power, any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does it crank? How old is the battery?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

It cranks the battery is about 3 years old, i sprayed some throttle body cleaner into the air intake and the engine ran for a few seconds

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fusbender View Post
    It cranks the battery is about 3 years old, i sprayed some throttle body cleaner into the air intake and the engine ran for a few seconds
    Either you're not getting spark or you're not getting fuel. Given your statement above, I'd suspect fueling. Even so, spark is easy to check. When was the last time the spark plugs were replaced? What's the gap? If you replaced the fuel pump and it worked, there's likely something causing the fuel pump to burn. Did you replace the fuel pre-filter when replacing the fuel pump?
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/