Turbo sounds very loud when I step on the gas

This is a discussion on Turbo sounds very loud when I step on the gas within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I have a 012 wrx with approx 5200 miles on it and recently im starting to hear the ...

Hey guys I have a 012 wrx with approx 5200 miles on it and recently im starting to hear the turbo like really loud. Is not leaking or anything it just sounds like if it would have an aftermarket intake but it does not have one

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Suspect leak, take it in to dealer, expect no action taken.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

My '12 had the inter-cooler boot come loose.
    Check out this thread to see if it could be your issue.

Boost Leak? 2012 WRX

I'd also suspect a leak. There's a reason it sounds louder, and that's really the only possible cause. Good thing you have a warranty so it won't cost you anything to get it fixed!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thank you for ur answers i took it in and it was the boot like one of you said. Now everything is runnin perfect. Thanks again