Idle Problem

This is a discussion on Idle Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 02 wrx is having a difficult time maintaining idle speed. It seems to bounce between 500 and 1000 rpm ...

Idle Problem

My 02 wrx is having a difficult time maintaining idle speed. It seems to bounce between 500 and 1000 rpm regardless if the engine is warm or not however it maintains 550 rpm a little bit longer if its warm but will inevitably shoot back up to 1000. It has 110k miles on the engine with no mods done to it. Its not pulling any codes. I was wondering where would be the best place to start looking? I was thinking checking MAF? Any information would help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Idle Problem

You can't measure 550 rpm, the first line is 500.

Consider the IACV.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I probably should have mentioned that i did clean IACV. It helped a little but overall, it didn't solve the problem.

I Support ClubWRX

Idle Problem

No vacuum leaks?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Not that i am aware of. I was thinking that there could be a post MAF leak but wouldn't that pull a code? This is the first time i ever tried working on a "modern" engine so its a bit of a puzzle for me. Chevy 350's feel like child's play compared to these boxers!